This is how FHE went down today....it's 8:22 and I decide I want to start an online final. I open it up-"please plan for at least two hours to complete this final". I groan. Tanner, seated on the adjacent couch asks if we are going to have FHE now or a little later. I ask for later because I just want to get this done.
Fast forward an hour or so later. I have three questions left-one asks for a 1/2 page response and the last two beg for a full page. My brain has checked out at this point so I ask my sweetheart if we can have FHE now. He responds with a happy yes along with a-I just finished our taxes and we will get $11 back. (We didn't really need to pay taxes (we didn't make enough money-tmi?? but we're doing it for habit)... So we start FHE.
I sit on the couch with my legs slung over my husband. We sing a Hymn. One line in, tanner slides up to a high note and we burst out laughing. We laugh throughout the whole song. It was a funny song. Then I pray. But I'm still laughing.
I'm not just giggling...I'm full on crying. I know people really do cry when they laugh really hard but this was the first time I have ever laughed so hard that I literally had tears rolling on my cheeks. It's a full on belly laugh and I can't remember ever loosing control of myself like I did during this prayer. Tanner is laughing too, only he's really just laughing at me. After I finish, my very patient, wonderful husband looks at me and says, "I have NEVER seen you laugh so hard". I have never laughed that hard.
Then I start to break down. I start crying because I'm stressed. I don't want to study, I don't want to pack our things Thursday and move, I don't want to observe in a high school for eight hours Wed, I don't want to dance tomorrow (that's my number one thing), I don't want to finish the three questions on my final because it's just too hard. I seriously lost it. It was the strangest feeling-being roaring with laughter one minute and then crying uncontrollably the next.
Tanner just sat there, and listened. He stroked my hair and dried my tears from my face. He told me everything was going to be okay. I half way believed him. Then we read in the Book of Mormon and I was comforted. My fears went away and I was motivated to study. I finished those last three questions, and felt ready for the rest of the week.
I am so blessed and so grateful for the calming messages of the scriptures.
This Family Home Evening will go down in history.
Haha, love. That's about how ours went down after a few minutes of disputing over the starting note for the hymn... :) Last week when Matt asked me to pick the hymn I chose "popcorn popping" and made him sing it with me, actions and all.
ReplyDelete